Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Vacation

The Summer is going by quickly and I'm ready for it to be over.  We have been having some HOT days over here that make me want to stay inside and not go outside.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  There are people that actually like the sweltering heat.  Hm, don't get it.
I haven't posted in a while, perhaps because I've been away on vacation and my mind has been all over the place.  I just don't function as well when my kids are home.  I am terrible at that clean the house, put things away, what's for dinner thing - I pray for some order in this house of mine.
The school year is approaching fast and I'm way excited to get back into the grind.  The grind helps me keep structure in my day.  I'll have been blogging for a year soon.  You remember how much I love Autumn, right?  Ahhhh - can't wait!
Ok, so this Summer we had a Patterson reunion up at the Farm and it was a whole lot of fun.  It's just beautiful over there and it is basically friends and family spending time together eating, talking and playing.  My mother and father-in-law did a wonderful job at putting it all together for us to all enjoy.

I did some shooting of fire arms.  I have improved since the last time!

Although, A would have loved to shoot the guns too she just stuck to wearing the big earphones to protect her ears.

The kids all got a chance to kayak in the creek.

I'm not too into swimming in the creek.  I'll walk in it, splash in it, but swimming in it - no thanks.  I feel the same way about the ocean.  If I can't see what's under me, I don't want to be in it.  The other thing about creeks is all the slimy parts - don't like that either.  I was happy watching the fun.

B had a good time exploring.  She hasn't been to the Farm enough to remember all the neat places to wander off too.
My kids can spend hours just throwing rocks in the creek. 

There are wild flowers every where.  It's fun to make little bouquets.

Flower didn't stay long in her hair, but it was cute while it lasted.

There are ducks to follow around.  They are so fun to watch and really cute.

Waddle, waddle, quack, quack!

I wonder what kind of duck this one is?


We always love coming to the Farm.  My husband used to come here as a child with his family and now my kids get to come and spend time doing the same things he did. 

We all left to go home on a Sunday night.  We had the week to prepare for our trip to Florida.  On the way down we planned to meet my sister in Charleston, SC and spend the fourth of July there. 

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures!!!! B is getting sooo big!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete