Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School

I love seeing every one's photos of their kids' first day back to school.  I'm not sure how other schools do it, but my two oldest returned to school today and then my Kindergartner will go to his first day of school two days later.  So, I will post again when P has his day!

I think I'm just as excited about the school year as my kids are.  Some parents are sad to see their kids leave after a fun filled Summer, but I look forward to all the exciting things school has to offer.  I love hearing their stories, the challenges, the growing pains - yah, all that stuff!  All the fun stuff they get to do too, projects, field trips, parties, etc...

For myself, I get to focus on my two little ones still at home.  It's a nice change of pace to run errands with 2 kids instead of 5.  The chaos that school brings forces structure to my unorganized lazy tendencies during the day.

A will be in third grade this year.

T will be starting first grade.

The amount of school supplies that I had to buy this year was insane!  To have to buy for three children was confusing enough - wait until I have 5 to buy for.  I went to my favorite place in the whole world, Target.  Although they had most of what I needed, I still had to go hunting for the specific color and style of folder.  I realized early on that some of the supplies I am buying is for the class and not necessarily for just my kid.  My den was a room full of supplies all over the floor for a few weeks then we organized them all into huge paper bags that my kids would then haul into school by themselves (ok, I helped a little).  Little people with big bags, I should have taken a picture of that!

The buzz in the auditorium this morning with all the parents, kids and teachers was exciting.  I almost felt like it was my first day of school seeing all the other parents, some familiar some not.  I kind of stood there by myself smiling at everyone, but focusing on my kids and watching them interact with their peers.  I finally said bye after morning prayers and went home. 

Have a great day, kiddos!


1 comment:

  1. back to school is such a bitter sweet thing! i need to post about it, maybe this weekend i will have a chance? i have a kindergartner this year too but, he has a senior older brother. i just can't wrap my head around that. weren't WE just seniors?! :)

    ReplyDelete