Monday, October 22, 2012

Love the Pumpkin Patch!

I love this time of year and hate the fact I haven't gone out and taken some nice pictures of Autumn.  It's been so great entering this season!  The air is crisp, the colors are vibrant, the leaves are falling gracefully and my hot drinks really hit the spot!

I love going to the Pumpkin Patch as much as my kids.  This year I looked at my calendar to see when a good time would be.  The weekends are not an option just because it's just not as great as it is during the week - less crowds and less expensive.  The only time the kids would be able to go as a family (minus Joe) was a Friday afternoon after a half-day of school.  The weather called for rain in the morning and clear for the rest of the day.  Yeh!

We made a McDonalds run first to fill our stomachs (and to see if we would get any new Monopoly pieces - no luck), and then raced to the Pumpkin Patch. As we drove up, it seemed crowded with so many little kids on field trips!  I wasn't too excited about the crowds and me being alone to steer my kids amongst them by myself.  Yikes.

We made our way to the long line for the hayride to the pumpkin patch.  In the line, we enjoyed apples that came with our admission!  They look like Golden Delicious to me.  My kids eat the apples in the most interesting ways.  I took a look at Eddie and he had eaten the whole top off the apple.  I guess he had eaten the stem, too!  More fiber ;-)

.
The other interesting thing I noticed is that they have no problem eating the skin of the apple when we're at the Patch!  At home, they make me peel it off! 

I forgot my camera, do you believe that?  Unbelievable.  I'm walking around the place with my iPhone using the Instagram application.  It takes too long - however, the pictures were cute.

I don't know if Bernadette remembers her time here at Butler's Orchard last year, but I know she seemed to enjoy it as if it was the first time!  She was really enjoying the hayride.


We made it to the pumpkin patch and quickly picked our pumpkins.  Didn't take long at all! 



Then we went to the slides, their favorite part!  This year, I didn't have to follow the kids to the slides, I could just let them loose and watch from the bottom of the hill!  Again, pictures aren't available :-(

I took the to the hayloft afterwards.  That place can be dangerous, especially if there are big boys that are not chaperoned jumping and wrestling around all the little ones.



I left that place with hay in my shoes and in my pockets.  Now the hay is on my living room floor.

The place had become less crowded due to all the schools having to get the kids home to their parents.  The crowds were perfect now that it was after 2pm.  It's actually the perfect time to go.  So, we continued to all the other attractions easily and then we called it a day!

Before we left, I went by their store where you can buy all sorts of stuff from their farm.  I ended buying some Mums for my porch and 3 carving pumpkins for Halloween.  Oh, and some of their delicious baked goods.  Anne and I love carving pumpkins!

The weather had called for no rain for the rest of the day, but it started to rain as soon as we left.  We saw a full rainbow on the way home.  It was the first time for my kids ;-)  It was the topic of conversation all the way home.  I'm just thankful that we didn't get rained on.

Overall, a good day.  This mama was tired!






No comments:

Post a Comment